A recent study showed that more than a third of women have experienced a beauty nightmare while attempting DIY treatments at home. From hair removal disasters and face mask fails to streaky fake tan and brow shaping mishaps, desperate times have called for desperate measures and we know you are missing us as much as we miss you right now!
In all seriousness though, we just can’t wait to get back to the salon and spend time with our lovely clients perfecting your brows, lavishing your lashes and treating your talons! Here’s hoping we are in the last few weeks of lockdown 3.0 and we can do just that before too long…
In the meantime we wanted to pull together some fail-safe at home tips and advice to make YOU feel better about YOU!
It is of course Feb-YOU-ary, after all, the month of love!
It’s easy to just focus on showering others in your life with love and affection, but it can be hard to turn those efforts inward and give yourself that level of care too! Self-care is so important these days when our time and energy is stretched thinly by work, life and homeschooling leaving us feeling stressed and drained.
We are not talking about big life changing things that require a lot of time, effort or money. Instead, some simple at home treatments that help you recharge, relieve stress and rejuvenate tired skin.
Here are our 3 top at-home beauty TREATments that don’t break the bank and will most certainly provide the time out treat that YOU deserve.
Create an at-home spa experience
What else are you going to do on a Friday night, while total freedom is still on hold? An at-home spa absolutely gets our vote. An incredible way to help you relax, rewind and rejuvenate!
- Light a scented candle to create a sense of calm
- Set the scene with some relaxing spa music
- Quieten your mind with some phone-free time and maybe a herbal tea or even a glass of fizz
- Take your bath from everyday to exceptional with fragrant foams or epsom salts
- Indulge in a facial – whether you opt for a home-made natural mask or use tried and tested products, taking the time to properly cleanse, exfoliate and of course moisturise your skin at the end of your spa session will bring a healthy radiance straight back to the most stressed-out skin.
- Facial massage – if you don’t own a jade or quartz facial roller, well get one! there are available in abundance online and feel heavenly when rolled over a fragrant facial oil.
Perfect your home pedicure
Use this time to get your at home foot maintenance routine down to an art. Our poor feet barely see the light of day at this time of year, follow our tips below for a luxurious home pedi.
If you don’t have a foot spa a washing up bowl will do. Fill with warm soapy water and some essential oils if you have them, soak your feet for about 10 min, towel dry and rub some exfoliator on your feet concentrating on the dry areas like your heals, if you don’t have any exfoliator you can mix some granulated sugar with a bit of oil any oil will do and create a paste.
If you have really hard skin, you may need a foot file again if you don’t have this a soft sandpaper will do the trick. For pedi-perfect results, follow up with a base coat, couple of coats of your favourite polish and a topcoat on your toes. Once varnish is dry apply a thick moisturiser to your feet and put socks on to let it really soak in.
Embrace dry body brushing
It was an absolute must that we include this in our advice because Dry body brushing is one of those things that we often overlook! You know you should be doing it, but rarely actually do. In fact, you probably have a brush already, at the back of a drawer somewhere, go and find it. Lockdown is the perfect time in which to make it a habit. “Body brushing is one of the cheapest, quickest and simplest favours you can do for yourself, and brings great returns on little effort
Here is some of the benefits to Body brushing:
- It can help reduce the appearance of cellulite
- Eliminates Dead Skin
- Enhances Blood Circulation and Cleansing of The Lymphatic System
- Promotes Even Fat Distribution
- Enhances Nutrients Absorption by The Skin
- Rejuvenates the Nervous System
- Enhances Digestion and Kidney Functionality
- Smooths and Tightens Skin
- Relieves Stress
- Promotes Happiness
All you need to do is flick the brush over your skin, upwards towards your heart – feet to thighs and hands to shoulders for 2-3 minutes. Do it in the bathroom, before, during or after your shower or bath, or after a workout.
Think of body brushing as a way to jolt your body back to life.
So that’s it – give these things a try, make a little bit of time for YOU and we guarantee you will feel better, we really hope that we will see you before too long but in the meantime, we are on hand to provide some lockdown beauty advice.
Lots of love from all of us at BB xx